sherpafeet.com is a free service to benefit trekkers and empower local guides. We do not take any money from guides or trekkers.
Here is a checklist to pack your backpack.
- A good sturdy backpack (40-60 litres)
- A small bag to carry your daily necessities
is mandatory if you are offloading your back pack.
- A good pair of trekking shoes. Shoes with
ankle support is recommended. A Good pair of shoes is
important to protect your foot from injury.
- A pair of chappals which will be used at the
- Three pairs of socks.
- Three trekking pants, this includes the one
you would be wearing.
- Three tee shirts, this includes the one you
would be wearing.
- Two full sleeves woolens/fleece
- One warm jacket.
- One set of thermals - upper and lower.
- One rain poncho.
- One balaclava, this helps to protect the
neck as well.
- One pair of gloves, synthetic is good.
- One cap to protect you from sun.
- One sun glasses
- One head lamp/torch
- One trekking pole
- Two water bottles
- One lunch box
- One tumbler
- One spoon
- A sunscreen lotion with high SPF
- Toothbrush, toothpaste and soap
- Towel to wipe your face
- One chap stick for dry lips.
- A packet of wet tissues
- A roll of toilet paper.
- A few plastic covers to pack or carry your
dry waste back.
- Dry fruits and nuts
- ORS / Glucon D